ADAS and ADAS Plus Kaza. Advanced Driving Assistance Systems.
The Advanced Driving Assistance Systems ADAS enhance the safety of vehicle occupants, road users and the car itself. These systems make it possible to effectively prevent accidents or minimize their consequences. In a dangerous situation, they are able to react in tenths of a second while a person, under normal conditions, can take between 1 and 2 seconds to act on the controls of the vehicle.
According to the Directorate General for Traffic (DGT), the Driving Assistance Systems (ADAS) reduce the risk of accident by 57%.
ADAS technology allows monitoring the driving environment with a camera connected to a centralized artificial monitoring system. These cameras are installed at strategic points of the vehicle and provide various services: BSD (blind spot detection), pedestrian detection, LDW (lane departure warning), FCW (forward collision warning), parking guidance, continuous recording for accident investigation, etc.
We have optionally professional equipment for fleets with online tracking and alerts, and equipment for personal/private use. They can be connected to GPS and DSM systems.
Possible applications for online fleet control:
The ADAS and ADAS PLUS KAZA monitoring system for vehicles is a vital tool to ensure road safety.
The driving environment is monitored through cameras connected to a centralized artifical viewing system. These cameras are installed at strategic points in the vehicle and provide several services: BSD (blind spot detection), pedestrian detection, LDW (lane departure warning), FCW (forward collision warning), parking guidance, continuous recording for accident investigation, etc.
When reviewing accident rates reported by police, studies have shown that forward collision warning systems and crash avoidance technologies reduce accidents by 27%.
ADAS systems significantly increase driving efficiency:
- They save lives.
- Significantly reduce the number of accidents and, consequently, vehicle repair costs.
- Its front camera detects vehicles, pedestrians, bicycles, motorcycles and lane markings on the roads.
- The ADAS system informs the driver with audible and visual warnings.
- The advanced technology used in ADAS systems alerts drivers to potential collisions or common road mistakes by tracking and monitoring driving in real time.
- This comprehensive solution ensures the safety of drivers, road users and the vehicle itself (with or without load).
The collision warning system consists of the ADAS camera, which is mounted on the front window of the vehicle, and an advanced GPS (optional) tracker. Both elements are connected via an RS-232 interface.
The ADAS camera detects different events in front of the vehicle and sends all the data to the server, for further review and analysis. In addition, it sends notifications to the driver so that he can anticipate the problems detected.
Notification of events to the driver
The driver will receive visual notifications via the display (FCW, LDW, PCW, FVSA, FPW, SLR).
Transferring events to the server
Sending data to the server allows the owner of a fleet of vehicles to analyze the behavior of their drivers and avoid possible dangers on the road.
When the vehicle is turned on, the ADAS camera starts recording and stores up to 15 hours of video.
Warnings and alarms
- Photo/Video (FMX640): You can request files from the ADAS system or configure the periodic transfer of images to the server.
- PCW (Pedestrian Collision Warning): Notifies the driver if there are pedestrians, bicycles or motorcycles in the front.
- LDW (Lane Departure Warning): Helps restore direction if the driver unintentionally leaves lane.
- FCW (Forward Collision Warning): Sends warning alerts in the event of an impending crash. This warning helps the driver maintain a safe driving distance.
- FVSA (Front Vehicle Start Alarm): Notifies the driver that the vehicle in front has begun to move forward (from speed 0) if the vehicle has not moved within 2 seconds.
- SDA (Safety Distance Alert): Driver alert to maintain the safety distance in the front (active from 30 km/h).
- SLR (Speed Limit Recognition): Recognizes speed limit signs and provides speeding warnings.
- DVR (grabadora de video digital): Graba escenas con resolución HD en la tarjeta SD antes y después de un accidente (cada minuto en un bucle).
Indicator display for ADAS
Indicator display for ADAS Plus
- Supports FMB640*, FMC640*, FMB125, FMU125, FMC125, FMB225, FMC225
- Camera resolution: 1280 x 720 (HD)
- Diagonal field of view: 60°
- Horizontal field of view: 52°
- Vertical field of view: 30°
- Dimensions: 80 x 120 x 50 mm
- 16GB SD card (included) up to 4 hours of video streams (max. 128GB up to 85 hours of video streams)
- Video encoding H264
- Input voltage range: 9 – 36 V
- Operating temperature: -20 °C to +70 °C
- Storage temperature: -40 °C to +85 °C
- Relative max humidity: 90 %
- USB 2.0 (for calibration)
- CAN 2.0 (car signal – left/right, speed, RPM, brake)
- RS-232 TX/RX indicator (for communication with devices FMx125, FMX225, FMX640)
|No.||Region/Country||Regulation / Rule||Description|
|2||EU||CEPE R130||Performance Test Report for LDWS|
|4||USA||FCC Part 15||Homologation|
|5||Taiwan||56-3 CEM||Regulation on the Management of Vehicle Safety Approval|
|6||Korea||KC (KN 41)||Homologation|
|7||Korea||MOLIT No. 2016-1053 [Annex 12]||Certified for LDWS and FCWS|
|8||Korea||Euro Test Protocol NCAP – AEB VRU||Performance Test Report for PCWS|
|9||PCL||JT/T 883||LDWS Certified|
|10||PCL||GB/T 33577||FCWS Certified|
|11||Israel||Directive MOT no. 142||Performance Test Report for LDWS, FCWS, PCWS, and SLI|